Re: proftpd

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, David Weinehall wrote:

> > No... proftpd is linked against these libraries, if they weren't
> > installed, proftpd would not start at all.
>
> Guess I'll use another ftp-server from now on, because I can't possibly
> defend using programs that behaves this way. I'm sorry, because I really
> liked proftd, but my disk-space is limited, and several small unnecessary
> libraries quickly adds up.

Proftpd was linked statically to these libraries before. So proftpd with
these shared library packages doesn't use much more space than the
previous version of proftpd which had these libraries linked statically.
But... your choice.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/