Re: dpkg/license related proposal

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 04:41:59PM -0500, Amy Fong wrote:
> Ok, you've got a point there... I still think that something should be
> done if someone can come up with a workable solution.

Just as long as you have a master OFF switch for this thing.

To be honest, I don't really see the point. A user who is simply using
the system does not _need_ to be aware of the exact license -- the DFSG
ensures that they are free to use the software. If they're doing development
(either of their own software, or modifying OS components) then they should
be aware that they need to read the license before distribution
(common sense).

Hamish