Re: ppp.log

Tomasz Wegrzanowski writes:
> plog means 'tail $* /var/log/ppp.log'

Yes, I know.

> For parsing you will have to make completely new plog

Of course.  A new plog would also present only the relevant information and
do it in a more intelligible form.

> And if someone is in 'dip' group HE CAN ACTUALLY READ
> /etc/chatscripts/provider

/etc/chatscripts/provider only has a password in it if you are using login
authentication.  It need only be readable by those with the permissions
necessary to bring up that connection.  That need not be everyone in group
'dip'.

> dip-wide-readable ppp.log is what we need

A single chmod and you've got it on your system.  If you want to see it as
the Debian default file a bug against ppp.  I don't think you'll convince
Phillip, though.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)