Re: all xterms

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 10:00:35PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> And alternatives are EXACTLY too generic, evil and results
> with a lot of bugs (symlinks to the void)

Usually they are just fine. For example, the jdk installs
/usr/bin/javac and /usr/bin/java, and if you install the superior
free components, they take higher priority -- which means jikes
becomes /usr/bin/javac, which makes sense. (You wouldn't bother
installing jikes if you wanted to use the jdk, would you?!)

On the other hand, some turkey has installed vim on master
and made it /usr/bin/vi .. only the pure (nvi) should be /usr/bin/vi :-)

So when I login and run vim, it prints out stupid
"reading <filename>" messages and does dumb colours. Argh.

Hamish