Re: ash/echo/POSIX/SUS

On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 12:14:59AM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> IMO, ash's primary usefulness is as a POSIX validation shell. the whole
> point of it is that it is a minimal, fast, posix sh with no bashisms or
> other -isms.

To you, perhaps.  But I kinda suspect ash's primary purpose was to be a
*shell*, not a lint for shell scripts.

We may indeed need a POSIX shell script checker, and ash may be able to be
a workable one.  But it should not be that way by default.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |      What influenced me to atheism was
Debian GNU/Linux                 |      reading the Bible cover to cover.