Re: The freeze, Nethack, and Y2K compliance

    Ben> I maintain the nethack package, and as many folks are aware,
    Ben> it's not Y2K-compliant (uses %2d for the year in the log
    Ben> files).

    Marcus> Are the log files of nethack evaluated by any program? In
    Marcus> other words, what breaks if it starts to wrap around? If
    Marcus> only human read this, there is not a problem.

Only Nethack evaluates them (and possibly any external log
parser programs that I don't know about).. I haven't actually
tested all the effects of the wraparound..

--
Brought to you by the letters G and P and the number 6.
"Atatakaku natta kara, otaku to uchi no kazoku de, nani ka shimasen ka?"