Re: Name clash lsh

On 99-10-22 Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 08:43:30PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > I'm still intersted in packaging lsh, the free secure shell for Debian,
> > but I need still a solution for the name clash.

> I suggest the existing lsh goes out of the way and finds another name.

Well, what would the maintainer of lsh thinks about this?

> > So if we don't find one
> > soon, I will remove my ITP and somebody else can take it over.

> Please don't. We won't throw the tovel over trivialities, will we?

No, but after about one month I'm trying to find a solution and asking
other people in IRC about this issue, but nobody seems to be interested
in a solution. So i interpret this as every is happy with ssh and
doesn't need a free one.

> > And I send a mail to the maintainer of lsh, the baby shell,
> > about this issue, but got no reply until today.

> Give him a bit more time, and if he still does not react, make a NMU
> renaming lsh to something else. Then the way is free for lsh.

No, I don't want to NMU lsh just for such an issue.

> PS: I know how frustrating it is if nothing seems to happen.
> Please don't get discouraged.

If I would get discouraged just because of such a problem, I would work
on QA and invest most of my time for Debian in this part. I'm not
frustrated of this, I'm only annoyed about the situation and that we
still have no solution for this. And as I can use my time for Debian
also for inversting in QA work, I find this part more important then
making packages and running after maintainers to solve name clashes.
Don't take it personal, but for me it seems so.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *