Re: apt-move

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 06:13:12PM -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:

> I realize that apt-move could be a wonderfull tool. Now I have a local
> mirror of potato/{i386,all,sparc}/{main,contrib,non-free}

I have a similar setup: a i386/alpha/all partial mirror. I tried apt-move,
but it does not handle efficiently binary-all packages.

Then I wrote a perl script to do a similar job, but multi-arch-aware.
It is largely untested; it does not do mirroring: it works only with
local resources (it uses /var/state/apt lists); it's written in very
poor perl. Yet it works for me. YMMV.

You may want to give it a look; you'll find it at
 http://web.tiscalinet.it/capo/archive.tar.gz [11KB]
(after I upload it) :)

I was also working on a specialized proxy for the debian archive
structure; unfortunately, I don't have enough time to work on it.

Ciao, William