Re: apt-move

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 16:32:49 +0200, William Brioschi wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 06:13:12PM -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:
>
>> I realize that apt-move could be a wonderfull tool. Now I have a local
>> mirror of potato/{i386,all,sparc}/{main,contrib,non-free}

<AOL>Me Too</AOL>

I've written a small perl script, that tackles the deletion of duplicate
(modulo version numbers) Debian packages. Focus also was on completely
*local* operation, since I have a slow dialup internet connection, but also
access at my university (data transfer via DAT) ... :-)

I'm using it since 1999/08, and it didn't eat my mirrors until now...
Maybe, it's worth to be included in the apt-move package?

Have a look at the perldoc-manpage for usage examples... (script is
attached)

As, always, comments very welcome.

Cheers,
Michael, waiting in n-m queue
--
Never buy anything that mentions Windows on the package.
Except sheets of glass.  Or plastic.  And that smelly blue