Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

>  Could you give me your opinion?

I am afraid that forked packages may prevent people from
making effort to merge patches to upstream sources.  So, a
forking should be done if and only if it is really needed.
I don't know whether mule2 is really needed or not.

BTW, I am surprised to hear mule2 is still wide-spread in
Japan.  It is a long time since I met a person used mule2.

# I think it is inconsiderate to use an old dictionary after
# publishing a revised edition of it.  Of course I know
# software is different from dictionaries.  Old software is
# sometime preferred because of stability and simpleness.

--
Takao KAWAMURA