Re: anacron/apm issue - where to report this

On 13-Oct-99, 16:41 (CDT), Simon Michael <simon@joyful.com> wrote:
> I seek advice on the following apparent problem in the latest potato:
>
> Problem: if you suspend your laptop for more than 3 hours, cron
> ignores any jobs scheduled during the interval. Therefore if, for
> example, you suspend each night and start work around 10, your 0730
> anacron invocation will never run. Nor will your 0342 dlocate db
> update.

For what it's worth, I've got two different cron patches that allow
one to indicate that a particular job should be "caught up" in this
situation.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read