RE: anacron/apm issue - where to report this

On 13-Oct-99 Simon Michael wrote:
> I seek advice on the following apparent problem in the latest potato:
>
> Problem: if you suspend your laptop for more than 3 hours, cron
> ignores any jobs scheduled during the interval. Therefore if, for
> example, you suspend each night and start work around 10, your 0730
> anacron invocation will never run. Nor will your 0342 dlocate db
> update.
>
> Fix: add an extra anacron invocation on wakeup, in /etc/apm/event.d.
> Also move daily jobs from /etc/crontab & /etc/cron.d to
> /etc/cron.daily where appropriate, so they will be run by anacron in
> the above case.
>
> Questions:
> 1. is the above analysis correct ?
> 2. if so, where should the bugreport(s) go - cron/anacron/apmd/dlocate ?

On a laptop, one should not care about the exact time something runs, only that
it be run.  If every time I wake my laptop up it tries to run all of my
scripts, I would be in battery hell.

If you absolutely need an anacron run, invoke it w/ anacron -s and it will run
all needed scripts.

Shaleh
anacron maint