Re: Screen size for apps

Jutta Wrage <jw@witch.westfalen.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I don´t know where else to put my request. So hopfully I am not in the
> wrong place here.
>
> Several X apps require more then 640x480 or 800x600 pixels. Some can
> be resized but are too large next time started, some cannot be
> resized.
> So it would be a good idea to mention the screen size neccessary in
> the package description.
> Maybe there could be added a line "Requirements" for essential
> requirements to use a special appliction, couldn´t it?

Any applications should run on any resolution and should query the X
for the screen size during startup (or don´t optionally).

Programs that need some special mode just fall under the term
"Buggy". xanim/smpeg/mpeg_play/xaos are buggy, because they don´t work
on 24 Bit displays. Moonlight is buggy, since it needs 1024x768-16.

If you know any more, file bugs against them.

Oh, I forgot my favourite apps: Netscape won´t work with 2/3/4/5 bit
displays and XF86Setup requires more than 320x200.

May the SOurce be with you.
			Goswin