Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality

* "Raul" == Raul Miller <raul@usatoday.com> wrote:

Raul> On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 10:11:17AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
>> > Ii I install a daemon, I want to use it.

Raul> Do you want it for personal use, or do you want it available as a
Raul> public service?

If I install a finger daemon, I want it running with secure
defaults at once. I do not want it to give information only on me and only to
me. If I need a more specific setup, I change the config.

I expect a package I install to be fully functional at once. I don't
want to set some environment variables, I don't want to edit a config
file, if a good default is possible (and I find this the case on most
Debian packages). For daemons. I expect then to be operating right
after apt-get install. YMMV.

Ciao,
	Martin