Re: Deficiencies in Debian

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 02:56:48PM +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > >     What remains to be done:
> > >
> > >       - Fix lots of release-critical bugs.  We should be down to a number
> > >         that can reasonably be fixed with NMUs or package removals in
> > >         one week.  I'd like to have a bugfixing team standing by for this.
> > >         Volunteers?
> >
> > This is silly and is never going to happen. People keep uploading new
> > packages with RCB's, and the RCB list keeps growing, regardless of how
> > many RCB's are closed. That _will not_ change until potato freezes.
>
> Then we stop uploading if we reach 50 RSB. Esay, ehh?  :-)

Maybe if we had a better definition of which bugs are release critical
bugs and which are package critical bugs. (E.g., xemacs21, which has
never gotten out of the early release test phase, has several "release
critical" bugs.) I've asked before if someone (this would probably have
to be the release manager) would do a list of the bugs that are really
"release critical" but people seem more interested in bemoaning the size
of the RCB list than in whittling it down to reasonable proportions.

Mike Stone