Re: someone wants to provide a Hurd box for all developers?

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 06:39:41PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 04:18:22AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Previously Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > > I don't know how many developers are interested in this, but I don't think
> > > that it would require a terrible lot of bandwidth.
> >
> > Please make sure however that if you are willing to host this machine be
> > warned that is a security risk: the HURD has some nice outstanding
> > vulnerabilities.
>
> I have a p233 with 64megs and 2.6gigs that is collecting dust I'de be willing
> to donate for usage and have hosted and a highbandwidth site.

Would be just perfect. If this happens, can you please make 2x1GB partitions
and the rest you can divide in a small linux rescue partition (with a
minimal Debian install. This turnes out to be useful if the machine gets
funny), and the rest swap.

To Aaron, of course 128MB do better than 64MB. But the current software
doesn't require this much RAM, at least as long as there is no memory leak.
We can always upgrade the memory later on.

Thanks Ben,
Marcus
--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org  Check Key server