Re: Strategy: DNS server in main for potato?

     >2. Use the last DFSG-free BIND (8.1.2?).  We'll need some strategy for
     >   it to coexist with current BIND releases, though.  And it is
     >   unlikely to be maintained upstream.
    In the past I considered taking this road.

Sorry, I do not know anything about this situation.  Could someone
please give me a concise summary of the situation, of what has
happened, and the various options?  Then I could have an opinion.

    But since the ISC does not care about BIND being free I think we
    should relegate it to non-us/non-free and support DENTS instead.

I have heard of BIND, at least enough to know vaguely what it does,
but I am not familiar with DENTS.