Re: Debian-JP discussions; lets wrap this up

At Sat, 04 Sep 1999 10:48:48 +0900,
Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> > Finally I also have a comment on the patches themselves: it seems that a
> > lot of the multibyte-patches contain changes that are not related to
> > multibyte support but do things like add support for DOS and Windows
> > systems or change generated files (like configure, config.h.in,
> > Makefile.in, etc.). This makes it unnecessary hard to merge those
> > patches.
>
> But please note that in many cases it is very reasonable
> to modify configure etc. For example if some application is
> modified to support Japanese, then it needs to 'configure'

We should edit configure.in Makefile.am etc. In fact, tcl/tk-ja
makes it very hard to merge or uupdate because of such reason.

Does uupdate support to invoke automatically autoconf, automake etc
to regenerate generated files?

----
Masato Taruishi <taruis-m@jed.uec.ac.jp> | University of Electro Communications
                <taru@debian.or.jp>      |   Department of Computer Science
                <taru@sunicom.co.jp>     |             Senior
http://www.sunicom.co.jp/~taru/          |       Chofu City Tokyo, JAPAN
   Key fingerprint = 49 46 74 E1 8D D1 EB 56  8D CA 2A 20 14 9E A9 25