Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

From: Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
Subject: Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:54:25 +0900

> Hi,
>
> dvi2tty-ja: *
> 	This is Japanese handling patched version.
> 	Debian version is 5.1 but patch version is 5.0.

Precisely dvi2tty can handle Japanese but fails to do it now.

There are two kind of Japanized TeX system, one is of NTT version
and the other of ASCII version. dvi2tty is for NTT TeX but it
does not work well. So I submitted BTS with the patch 457 days ago
but it is not adopted yet :)

dvi2tty-ja is for ASCII version. And I heard that the authors of
patches of NTT version and ASCII version said that they gave up
merging both patches.

So at least for Japanese users it needs both dvi2tty (with my
patch applied) and dvi2tty-ja.

> fvwm95-ja: *
> 	This is Japanese handling patched version.
> 	Debian version is 2.0.43ba but patch version is 2.0.43a.

This one seems hopeful.

> lynx-ja: *
> 	This is NLS handling patched version.

NLS support is not patch but only compile option!
I submitted it already to BTS.
And lynx-ja is much more, I hope :)

> tkdesk-ja: *
> 	This is Japanese handling patched version.For display Japanese, and changes on source level.

I am not so sure but this is almost another application
from original tkdesk. Japanese handling is only a small part
of extension.
			   1999.9.1

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>