Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

Hi,

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:32:57 +0900, Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org> wrote about Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja) (<[🔎] 19990831143257M.kmuto@topstudio.co.jp>):
kmuto> Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:57:16 -0700, Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote about Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja) (<[🔎] 19990830215716.H2276@kitenet.net>):

kmuto> I'm checking patches which remain on Debian-JP now.
kmuto> I'll report "There is a Japanese support patch (or I18N patch), Please
kmuto> merge it".

I checked packages which contain name '-ja' remained in Debian-JP(It
means we(Debian official member in Debian-JP) may upload these).

If original package maintainers couldn't merge I18N or JP support
patch, we can do nothing but upload fork package.
Of course, we don't want forking....

[*]=Original version exists in Debian.

blackbox-ja:
	This hasn't existed on Debian yet, so this package could rename 'blackbox'.

chimera2-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 2.0a17 but patch version is 2.0a15.
	ftp://ftp.tut.ac.jp/Net/www/chimera/
	Unfortunately, I can't find even patch version 2.0a15 there...

doc-debian-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. So,this package will upload without any change, like 'doc-debian-fr'.

doc-linux-html-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

doc-linux-text-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-linux-text-ja'.

dotfile-emacs-ja: *
	This is dotfile with Japanese specified. This package translates all message to Japanese. It is not impossible to merge, but it will cost 'dotfile-emacs' maintainer too many works.

dotfile-fvwm1-ja: *
	This is dotfile with Japanese specified. See 'dotfile-emacs-ja'.

dotfile-fvwm2-ja: *
	This is dotfile with Japanese specified. See 'dotfile-emacs-ja'.

dvi2tty-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 5.1 but patch version is 5.0.
	ftp://ftp.mei.co.jp/free/tex/Drivers/Common/dvi2tty/dvi2tty-ascii-jtex-patch
	ftp://ftp.mei.co.jp/free/tex/Drivers/Common/dvi2tty/dvi2tty.c-patch

efax-ja: *
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

elisp-manual-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

fvwm2-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 2.2.1.10 but patch version is 2.0.46.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

fvwm95-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 2.0.43ba but patch version is 2.0.43a.
	ftp://ftp.lab.kdd.co.jp/X11/acontrib/fvwm95/

gawk-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 3.0.4 but patch version is 2.15.6.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

grep-ja: *
	This is already discussed on debian-devel.

gs-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	At now, applying maintainer in JP makes merge patch.

gtk-tutorial-1.0-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

ical-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling and many enhancement patched version.
	Hmm, maintainer says 'this patch might legally problem'...

jnethack: *
	This is Japanese handling and many enhancement patched version.
	It is too different from original version.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

linuxdoc-sgml-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

lynx-ja: *
	This is NLS handling patched version.

lyx-doc-ja:
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

lyx-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	Debian version is 1.0.3 but patch version is 1.0.0.
	http://cgi.din.or.jp/~kawakami/LyX/

maint-guide-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

man-db-ja: *
	JP patch has already been sent BTS.

mh-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

netscape-base-ja: *
	This is Japanese menu wrapper and input method support version.

packaging-manual-ja: *
	This is documents, not patch. See 'doc-debian-ja'.

tgif-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	New Tgif can handle Japanese partly, so it may not upload.

tkdesk-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.For display Japanese, and changes on source level.
	http://www2.famille.ne.jp/~mituiwa/#filemanager

x11amp-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	But x11amp is obsolete...
	http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/6723/x11amp.html

xclipboard-ja:
	This is I18N handling patched version.
	This hasn't existed on Debian yet, so this package could rename 'xclipboard' or 'xclipboard-i18n'.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.

xdvik-ja:
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	This hasn't existed on Debian yet, so this package could rename 'xdvi'.

xdvik-ja-nextaw:
	This is wrapper for xdvik-ja.

xearth-ja: *
	JP patch has already been sent BTS.

xmms-ja: *
	This is Japanese handling patched version.
	http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley/6723/xmms.html

xpostit-ja:
	This is X11R6 I18N handling patched version.
	This hasn't existed on Debian yet, so this package could rename 'xpostit' or 'xpostit-i18n'.
	I can't find patch URL... Please teach me.
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org
http://www.debian.org/~kmuto/