Re: Senseless Bickering and Overpoliticization

Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org> writes:

> >  And most importantly,
> > how can we get people away from wasting their time insulting others on
> > mailing lists and instead work on the distribution?
>
> I see. So you slag off dpkg-dselects' maintainers (if you read
> debian-dpkg, you would realise that a whole bunch of bugs have been fixed
> over the long weekend), and then complain about people insulting others?

I challenge you to show me where I directly insulted any specific
person.  All I did was make comments about software.  Correct ones.  I
am not going to sugar-coat the facts; either doing that or attacking a
person is personalization, which I am trying to avoid.

It's good to see bugs fixed, but the system has serious design
problems and lacks important features that are present in the other
major system.

John