Re: RfD: Preparing Debian 2.1r3

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> > > This one is important for sparc (remember sparc was released) and
> > > fixes the generation of some important devices
>
> The last makedev for slink is 2.3.1-19.  The really critical changes
> came in 2.3.1-21:
>
>   * make /dev/mouse a symlink to /dev/sunmouse on sparc, closes 35616

If you could provide us with a makedev for slink, fixing only this
one, I guess it would be easier to include.

However, the Security Team is not responsible for updating stable with
non-security updates.  We did this now as an exception because no
Stable Release Manager was acting.  While working on this I was told
that Vincent Renardias got this job, so you should probably get in
touch with him.

>   * have postinst create audio devices, closes 35646
>   * add support for hd[ijkl]... noticed while investigating bug 33798
>
> The lack of /dev/mouse on sparc is itself sufficient reason.  X11 and
> gpm do not function on installation without these.

*smile* My boxes don't run X and don't have a mouse attached.  Slink
installes just fine.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum