Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 03:29:02PM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> ar is too complex to put it into sash without sacrificing space. Same goes
> for e2fsck etc.

I see.

> The thing is we want to avoid booting and thus we need a way to get onto the
> root account (or sashroot) from your shell prompt when dynamics are broken -
> you need su (or similar) for that.

I beg to disagree. The only cases I saw so far where the system was hosed to
an extend that life recovery was needed and still possible was when root did
something wrong or stupid. In that case you do not need to login anymore.

Michael
Email: Michael.Meskes@gmx.net          | Use PostgreSQL!