Re: RfD: Preparing Debian 2.1r3

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Martin Schulze wrote:

> 2. Packages removed from proposed-updates
>
>   These packages are rejected and will also be removed from the
>   proposed-updates directory.
>
>   package: dpkg
>   version: 1.4.0.35
>     disabling gettext is a nasty surprised for a lot of people.. I think
>     we are better of with the few bugreport we are getting

dpkg_1.4.0.35 does not disable gettext, it just use the built-in gettext
library in glibc2.

Having a package manager which dumps core under certain locales is a
serious bug. IMHO, this package should definitely be part of the next
Debian point release.

Thanks.

--
 "efa84de4da822a55d0e76bf6ece40fee" (a truly random sig)