Re: RfD: Preparing Debian 2.1r3

On Aug 19, Martin Schulze wrote:
> 2. Packages removed from proposed-updates
>
>   These packages are rejected and will also be removed from the
>   proposed-updates directory.
>
>   package: libc6
>   version: 2.0.7.19981211-6.1
>   architectures: m68k (only m68k updates)
>   update type: ?
>     update m68k support, fixes hwclock amongs other things

The actual update is to use 2.0.36 headers, to bring it into line with
the other architectures in slink.  This allows hwclock to be
recompiled correctly, among other things.  As it stands now, the
hwclock in stable fails on Amigas when built from source in a Debian
2.1r2 installation.

I don't know how to classify this change, but it seems to me that it's
important that the Debian system be as self-contained as possible.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence         |     Get the skinny at DeltaPolitics      |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>    |      http://deltapolitics.dhs.org/       |
|     Amiga A4000 604e/233Mhz    |     Do you want your bank to snoop?      |
|      with Linux/APUS 2.2.8     |    http://www.defendyourprivacy.com/     |