Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Hi,
>>"Justin" == Justin Wells <jread@semiotek.com> writes:

 Justin> Yes it is the point. I claim that most people won't know they want it
 Justin> until their system fails, at which point they have no choice.

        If they care so little about recovery procedures, they can
 reboot from a rescue disk. Sorry, you can't have it all ways: you
 want a system that can be repaired warm, you need to pay attention.

        There are other scenraios than the one you are attempting to
 resolve (that of the novice user who does not read manuals but needs
 to ahve a system repaired while it is up). For whatever reasons, a
 number of people have said thay do not want to pay the cost (however
 negligible) that the solution would entail.

        I think that providing an optional set of recovery package(s)
 would be a nice middle ground.

        manoj
--
 Wear me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love
 is strong as death, passion cruel as the grave; it blazes up like