Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 11:36:39AM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> We deal with Debian and it seems it will work ok here

there is still no *need* to change root's shell. your aims can be met in
other ways as you have pointed out in other messages in this thread.

installing a package should not cause arbitrary and unecessary changes
to be made to the system. e.g. i may want to install sash, or your
static bins package WITHOUT having my working environment screwed up
because YOU assume that installing your package means i no longer want
bash as root's shell.  WRONG! bad assumption.  That is not the way things
are done in debian.

craig

--
craig sanders