Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 11:13:43AM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> root's shell is nothing but a root's shell. SYSTEM shell is /bin/sh - and
> changing the latter shouldn't be done lightly.

i repeat: this does not match my experience of changing root's shell on
other systems.

unless it is known for certain that it will not break anything, it
should not be changed. fortunately, there is no need to change root's
shell - there are other ways of achieving the aim without risking
anything.

craig

--
craig sanders