Re: new LaTeX2e

On 19/08/99 at 17:07:08, Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Now the new LaTeX2e (1999/06/01) was released at least
> a month ago. What is the Debian's plan about LaTeX2e ?
>
> Will Debian wait for new teTeX release or will Debian
> upgrade part of LaTeX2e of teTeX ?
>
> The present LaTeX2e of Debian shows
>
> 	This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)
> 	(simple.tex
> 	LaTeX2e <1998/12/01> patch level 1

Don't you think that's already quite recent? Usually the changes between the
releases are not even enough to excite the addicts (including myself) on
comp.text.tex and the like.

IMHO we shouldn't meddle with teTeX and instead wait for new teTeX releases.
I really think it's not worth the effort.

Bye,
    Mike

--
|=| Michael Piefel                       piefel@informatik.hu-berlin.de