Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

On Aug 19, Justin Wells <jread@semiotek.com> wrote:

 >OK, is there anyone who disagrees with this:
Me.

 >      as well as ensuring that you can get to sash as root: su,
 >      and sulogin will have to have static versions as well. In fact
 >      these are run so rarely I don't see why they can't be static
 >      by default--but if people yell, we can have separate static
I don't even want to look at your packages if you think su is a rarely
used command.
And you need many more static commands if you want to login to a broken
system, at least getty and login too.

 >   -- root's shell be set to sash by default, if sash is installed
Very, very bad. Instead add to /etc/passwd something like:

toor:x:0:0:Emergency root account:/root:/bin/sash

If the system uses shadow password the account will have root password.
If not the admin will change the password, if he cares about sash.

--
ciao,
Marco