Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Thursday, August 19, 1999, 10:43:40 AM, Justin wrote:
> You have no idea what I was doing when I noticed the problem, and you
> really ought not to presume that you do.

    I didn't presume.  All I said was that you got burnt and are now whining
about it.

> For what it's worth, I noticed the problem on an unimportant machine which
> I upgraded from slink->potato knowing full well that unstable might crash,
> and was a little peeved that it crashed, but it cost me nothing, as it
> was an absolutely inessential machine.

    IE, a machine that you could use a boot disk on.  Proving one of my
points.

> I raised the whole issue not becaue I got burned, but because I wanted
> to see an improvement in reliability such that I might begin putting
> Linux (and Debian in particular, of course) on my servers.

    Then do it on your own in accordance to your OWN standards and ideals
instead of forcing those upon everyone else!