Re: how to make Debian less fragile (long and philosophical)

Hi,

 Steve> Tuesday, August 17, 1999, 11:13:14 AM, Steve wrote:
 >> Reboots are bad, downtime is bad, the lack of remote access is bad, on
 >> production systems. I think this was already addressed multiple times.

 Steve> And Debian is used in how many production machines?  In how
 Steve> many desktop machines?

        Lots and lots of both, I hope. In any case, if we can do
 anything to facilitate either, we should. Possibly an optional set of
 packages seems a decent compromise.

        manoj
--
 "It is easier to port a shell than a shell script." --Larry Wall