Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

Some of you may have missed the mounds of earlier discussion. The
point of "live recovery" is to recover the system WITHOUT requiring
a reboot, therefore any boot disk or LILO solution is not acceptable.

Suppose you screw something up, but your database and webserver are
still linked and loaded. Why bring them down?

You need to get a root shell WITHOUT a reboot. So you need roots
shell to be static, and you need a static su, and a static sulogin.

Justin