Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

On 09-Aug-99 Joey Hess wrote:
> Well frankly, hiding such updates away, even if they're listed on a web site
> somewhere, is not the solution.
>
> We should have released a point release of debian 2.1 months ago that
> included updated kernel and X. Or these items should at least be in
> proposed-updates. X isn't though at least kernel 2.2.5 is..

Yes, this is the point. I think that the distribution should be updated when
there are such new releases (kernel and X in particular).

---
Christian Surchi                |  Debian GNU/Linux User
csurchi@mclink.it               |  http://www.debian.org
www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi   |  Linux, the choice of a GNU generation
Avoid strange women and temporary variables.