Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

Christian Surchi wrote:
> This is not a solution for new-maintainer problems, but also finally a place
> when people can know if important new deb packages exist.
> An example? Deb packages of Xfree 3.3.3.1. Only debian-devel readers know
> ftp.netgod.net. I know a lot of people that leaved Debian for Redhat because
> they can't use their AGP graphical hardware. _This_ is a big problem.

Well frankly, hiding such updates away, even if they're listed on a web site
somewhere, is not the solution.

We should have released a point release of debian 2.1 months ago that
included updated kernel and X. Or these items should at least be in
proposed-updates. X isn't though at least kernel 2.2.5 is..

--
see shy jo