Re: laetos (was ITP: detect (library that provides hardware detection))

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 08:32:23PM +0200, Eric BARROCA wrote:
> I'm the main coordinator from the LætOS project, and right now, there is
> no coordination between LætOS and Debian, but I hope it will change... ;-)
> Our goal is to provide a Debian-based distribution for the general
> public. We would like to offer an alternative to MS Windows for all.
> All graphical, mouse-based configuration, etc.

I would love the same for Debian and I believe many others would too.

So the question on everybody's minds:
Why did you start another distribution? Wouldn't it be more productive to
build on the already-existing Debian base? You could make use of all the
existing resources, developers that would help etc. and minimize duplicated
effort.

note: It is not my intention to start a flame-war.

Sarel Botha          |     Computer &           | +27 341 81341
(sjb@dundee.lia.net) |        Accounting        | BOX 2065, Dundee