laetos (was ITP: detect (library that provides hardware detection))

Interesting to see this very interesting library come from Laetos,
just moments after reading that Laetos exists.

I read that Laetos is a French-based Debian derivative geared for
ease-of-use, something I think we're all interested
(esp. w.r.t. initial installation).

Based on their task list <URL:http://www.laetos.org/en/tasklist.html>
they seem to have a lot of overlap with what Corel and the
boot-floppies team is working on.  Does anyone know of any
coordination or interoperation, or, if not, why there might not be
some sharing here?