Re: laetos (was ITP: detect (library that provides hardware detection))

On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 08:32:23PM +0200, Eric BARROCA wrote:
> We discuss 2 or 3 month ago about a graphical configuration program, I
> think the concept of this software is quite new (the configuration
> front-end is module-based and each module is describe in one text
> file. Thanks to that, a program can add a configuration module into
> LætConfig only providing a .PICrc (the name of the modules text files
> description extension) file. I think this idea is very powerful and
> interesting (it's not mine :).

Hmmm. This sounds a little like the debconf program some of us have been
working on. There's a specification at

	http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/config6

and an anonymous CVS archive described at, erm,

	http://www.kitenet.net/programs/sshcvs/_index.html

. It's at the point where it demo-able, but I wouldn't recommend plugging
a scanner into it, so to speak. There are line, ncurses (dialog), gtk
and web based frontends atm.

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds