Re: laetos (was ITP: detect (library that provides hardware detection))

Le Wed, Aug 11, 1999 at 04:46:15AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
> Interesting to see this very interesting library come from Laetos,
> just moments after reading that Laetos exists.

Yes, it does come from LaetOS but it's now developed by people who are
working at MandrakeSoft. They're working on this project for the graphical
install of Mandrake (a Redhat based distribution) and in particular the
Lothar project I think. But there have been rumors about a Debian based
distribution done by MandrakeSoft ...

> I read that Laetos is a French-based Debian derivative geared for
> ease-of-use, something I think we're all interested
> (esp. w.r.t. initial installation).
>
> Based on their task list <URL:http://www.laetos.org/en/tasklist.html>
> they seem to have a lot of overlap with what Corel and the
> boot-floppies team is working on.  Does anyone know of any
> coordination or interoperation, or, if not, why there might not be
> some sharing here?

Ok, I'm a french developer who followed LaetOS at the very beginning so I
subscribed again and asked about a possible cooperation, LaetOS is not
very active but there may be skilled people willing to help on the Debian
boot disk in order to use them for LaetOS, i've juste sent a message to
laet-devel. I'll keep you informed of the reactions if any.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/