Packaged XML::DOM (Was Re: Who's packaging the XML::DOM library for perl?)

On Sun, Aug 08, 1999 at 02:32:10PM -0500, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Me too so I checked the archives: Steve Strickland is the persion to
> talk to.  I need it too for the new version of docbook2X.
>
> So, Steve: How are things looking?  By the way I tried to look at your
> web pages at computersprache.net, but that site seems unreachable.

I've already tried packaging it once, but it needs (or did, I remember
seeing something about not including the module that needed it) the
utf8 module... which I thought was standard in Perl 5.005, but it looks
like it's standard in Perl 5.006...

Well, I just packaged the newest version (1.24), which doesn't seem
to require the utf8 module, so it's now in Incoming... I just copied
over my generic Perl module debian/rules file, so it should be all
good (besides using /usr/{man,doc} still, but I'll fix that later,
with my other packages, when I do general policy upgrades to 3.0.0
(or is it now 3.0.1? I need to check :))

And since I'm home from college for the time being, my pages can be
accessed at http://kelewan.dhis.org/~sstrickl/ (whenever I'm online
and dhis.org isn't down ;)... I didn't know that anyone outside my
real life friends ever looked at that site... I shall have to update
it more often! :)

Thanks for being patient,
Stevie

--
 --, |   |  |        |--|  ___         | \\	| Stevie Strickland
  /  |.  |  |       /   | _____  \   / |.	| Debian Developer