Re: Network configuration proposal: little summary

    Rene> 2. Schemes are a very good idea and they will definitely go
    Rene> into the system, even if the decision is to write it from
    Rene> scratch.

I should hope so.  Schemes are practically essential for a laptop that
has the opportunity to connect to several different networks depending
on its location.

    Rene> 4. pcmcia, isdn and ppp will have to be supported better. I
    Rene> know about isdn and pcmcia but I do not have very much
    Rene> experience with ppp dial-out. There is an addition to my
    Rene> system that deals with ppp from Inakya that I like and I will
    Rene> try to integrate this.

    Rene> Now there is question to the maintainers of the pcmcia, isdn
    Rene> and ppp related packages: Would you like have the options
    Rene> integrated with the network interface configuration ?

If you can develop your tool so that running

   toolname pcmcia <device> <scheme>

(or something similar) will correctly configure the system to talk to
the network through <device> (say eth0) according to the specified
scheme, then I don't see why it won't work with the PCMCIA stuff.

Brian