Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

On Thursday 5 August 1999, at 13 h 44, the keyboard of Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
<gaia@iki.fi> wrote:

> I will take that as an insult.  I hope that was your intention.

:-)

> If that is true, then IMHO the new-maintainer team has not been acting as
> they should.  A decision of this nature *must* be announced, at least to
> the developership.

I agree.

> I am on -devel-announce and on other relevant lists,
> and I have not seen such an announcement, and nobody has pointed me to
> one I might have missed, although I have asked.

The closest thing I've found is a post from Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> on debian-private (*), 2 Jul 1999 11:54:19. Although he just said he was just considering the suspension, it seems effective.

(*) Debian developers can ask me a copy, if they cannot find it. PGP sign your request.