Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 10:39:34AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Despite the FUD that Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho is spreading,

I will take that as an insult.  I hope that was your intention.

Fear, uncertainty, doubt - I personally would have assigned those traits
to those who are spreading rumours.  Not to those who want to stop the
rumours (or get a confirmation for them, but I haven't seen one).

> admission of new maintainers *is* suspended. It is a fact.

If that is true, then IMHO the new-maintainer team has not been acting as
they should.  A decision of this nature *must* be announced, at least to
the developership.  I am on -devel-announce and on other relevant lists,
and I have not seen such an announcement, and nobody has pointed me to
one I might have missed, although I have asked.

(No, IRC is not a proper forum for this kind of an announcement.)

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)