Re: Working for Debian is not just about packages

On Mon, Aug 02, 1999 at 01:47:06PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I read info files using zgrep and zless myself. Only way to make them
> bearable. info is extremely non-intuitive.

How do you mean? You want make's info page, you type 'info make'. You want
the "Quick blah" section of that page, you type 'info make quick'. You can
even do more recursion, like 'info make overview bugs' :)

Once you're inside, you go up/down/left/right with those keys. Keys 'pace'
and 'b' are for PgDn and PgUp, respectively - just like in lynx or slrn.
When you see something like this:
 * Invocation::
you position the cursor over the word and press Enter, and you're in the
that node. When you see this:
 *Note Polarization
you can again position the cursor there and go to that node just by pressing
enter. When you make a mistake, you get back to the *l*ast node by pressing
'l'. Once you read all the subnodes, you get back to the *u*pper node by
pressing 'u'.

Anyway, what's so wrong with all that?

BTW I'll forward *any* constructive comment from this thread to texinfo
developers.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name