Re: Brining up Potato from scratch

At around Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:51:59 +0100,
 Paul M Sargent <pauls@3dlabs.com> may have mentioned:

> If I install slink base I have no network, so I can't upgrade to kernel
> 2.2.x. I know there's a kernel source tree for 2.2.1 on the slink disks, but
> I don't really want to go and install a full build system on this box before
> I upgrade it (It's going to act as a target development machine, so I want
> it as clean as possible). Besides when I did try that the build fell over
> because it couldn't compile the inline assembler despite binutils being
> installed.

i suppose the idea of using a different network card just for the install
process and switching the network card later is not an option...

i did transfer a kernel image over serial line once -- i had this competing
w/ transfer by floppies using dpkg-split.  floppy transfer won :-)

this wasn't what you were looking for, i presume...