Re: Policy for default mount points?

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Sarel J. Botha wrote:

> I think they mean you to use /mnt iteself temporarily. No directories should be
> created under /mnt, although I do it. I hate having all those dirs in /. :)
I hate all these most times empty directories under /, too.  That's
why I have the following setup:

/mnt            ... anything temporarily mounted
/m/a            ... floppy
/m/cdrom        ... cdrom
/m/zip          ... zip-drive (ext2)
/m/zap          ... zip-drive (vfat)
/m/NFS_host1    ... host mounted via nfs
/m/NOVELL_host1 ... host mounted via ncpfs

So I have a single dir for all external file systems and my / is es
empty es possible.  In any case I try to keep / small.
The people who deal with policy should have two or three minutes to
think this idea over.

Kind regards

       Andreas.