Re: Sponsorship: news and questions about the maintainer field

(CCs to individuals removed.)

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 01:31:59PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Another idea would be that we don't upload packages but simply ask new
> maintainer to process your application so that you can upload your package
> yourself but this doesn't depend on me ...
This kind of ruins the point, that packages can be effectively uploaded
before their packager is a debian-Maintaner.  Also, I thought the problems
getting new maintainers in was of time and not of quality of the applicants.

James Mastros <james@rtweb.net>

> When you have a package ready, send a mail to all the sponsors with an URL
> where we can find your work, one of the sponsor will check it, will
> suggest you enhancement ... when the sponsor thinks that your package is
> ready, he will upload it for you.
Can I suggest that this is what debian-mentors is meant for?  (And if not,
that a new list should be made.)

I just checked on my naim package, and noticed that the uploaded copy
dissapeared.  Please, can sombody check out
http://www.rtweb.net/theorb/debian/, containing naim-0.9.5-recon2-2 (a
client for AOL's Instant Messenger (TM) service, the full binary and source
packages are there).

	-=- James Mastros
--
Am I beginning to repeat myself?