Re: Why is libgtk1.2-1.2.3-1 bloating dynamically linked binaries (was: Why is libc-2.1.*.so not stripped?)

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 07:15:40AM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
>     Nils> What is wrong with libgtk1.2 that it bloats binaries
>     Nils> compiled dynamically against it? The 1.2.3-0.slink1 version
>     Nils> does it right. The 1.2.3-1 version bloats the hello world
>     Nils> program
> Well, they are both compiled exactly identically (the only difference
> between 0slink1 and 1 is the version number) so all I can think is
> that the compiler/linker is behaving differently between slink and
> potato.
binutils is the same version (and debian revision) on both systems.
so it's gcc 2.7.2.3 vs. egcc-2.91.66

But why only with libgdk?

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source