Re: infomagic

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 04:37:19PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > That's not what I mean by coordination. What I'd like to know is whether
> > it's time to work on an NMU for a bug. I figure it's appropriate to find
> > out if the maintainer is working on the bug by sending him an email. But
> > did someone just send him an email yesterday?  Is it worth me putting a
> > lot of time into a fix, or does someone else have one almost finished?
>
> Maintainer will tell you. Simple.

Unless it's one of the maintainers who doesn't respond. You just don't
know.  If I have some time to do some bug fixes right now, what should I
work on? That's a piece of information we don't seem to have. Let's say
I've got 4 free hours. If I ask the maintainers if people are already
fixing the problems, the responses will probably take more than four
hours--my free time is now over, and nothing got done. If I could pull
up a list that says "package X needs work", I could probably have fixed
a few bugs in the same time.

Mike Stone