Re: infomagic

On Sat, Jul 24, 1999 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:

> > > Ditto. I'd like to know if I'm duplicating effort.
> >
> > As you all already read from dark's message (Richard Braakman, the release
> > manager) some two weeks ago, I'm mailing all the maintainers that have
> > release critical bugs, introducing them to the options they have in fixing
> > them, and asking them a bunch of silly questions nobody knows answers to ;)
> >
> > Anyway, in the first day of my mailing, 64 maintainers/groups/list were
> > reached, and the next day the RC bug number has dropped by 18. Of course,
> > not all of that was direct consequence of the mails, but some really were.
> > I sincerely hope that this trend will continue in the future :)
>
> That's not what I mean by coordination. What I'd like to know is whether
> it's time to work on an NMU for a bug. I figure it's appropriate to find
> out if the maintainer is working on the bug by sending him an email. But
> did someone just send him an email yesterday?  Is it worth me putting a
> lot of time into a fix, or does someone else have one almost finished?

Maintainer will tell you. Simple.

> That's the kind of stuff I'd like info on. Is anyone doing it?

You're asking too much. If I want to NMU half of the distribution to fix
spelling/gramatical/style errors in the packages' descriptions, do you
really think that someone should record it somewhere? :)

P.S. no, I don't want to do that :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- pronounced 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'